23 March 2010

Changes to loans policy over vacation period

Loan periods will no longer be extended to cover vacation periods. Please renew your books regularly. Reminders to do so will continue to be sent. If you find that a book in your possession has been reserved by another reader, you should mail it back to the Library, ideally by recorded delivery.
Checking your University email regularly is part of your responsibility as a borrower.
We have made this change in order to ensure maximum circulation of material, and in response to widespread abuse of the previous system.
The new arrangement is common in other university libraries.

7 comments:

  1. should have informed very well in advance - very disappoinment with the service.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what happens if you cannot login to renew your book

    ReplyDelete
  3. My books in my room at university and its on hold so i connot renew it what am i supossed to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cant seem to renew my books. It's not really fair if I get charged for this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a rediculous new system. Just because I have been organised enough to get my books out before the holidays i then only have seven days use of it. Then (as students) you want us to return the books via recorded delivery!!!

    CHANGE THE SYSTEM BACK

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is insane. I dont believe it. This is the first time eversince i started uni as im finishing off now I managed to take all my books out the day before we broke up, carried the bundle of books to home just to find out that they cant be renewed. Library has never been fair to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for all your comments. There is now a new post on the blog (http://theblogworm.blogspot.com/2010/04/changes-to-loans-policy-over-vacation.html) which gives some clarification on these issues.

    ReplyDelete