However, when you're not getting results as relevant as you hoped, here are some tips for improving your search:
- Enclose a phrase in quotation marks to find only those items where your words appear in the order you have typed them in: "doing your literature review".
- Use Advanced Search to specify where your keywords should be found:
- Search for word variants or alternative spellings by using wild cards:
- Widen your search by using OR to link words which refer to the same concept:
"higher education" OR university
- Make your results more relevant by forcing your keywords to appear near each other. The near operator (Nn) finds words within n words of one another: student N3 mentor
Let us know your thoughts on the Library SmartSearch by providing feedback.